Art of Eloping helps couples who want to elope or have an intimate wedding make it a reality. In 2018, we saw a huge gap in the wedding industry—more and more couples were eloping, and more and more vendors were pivoting from doing big weddings to elopements (or doing both), but there wasn’t one dedicated online resource to connect them with each other.
After nearly two years of extensive interviews with couples to determine what tools they need to plan their dream elopement, and with vendors to determine what they need to be successful, we launched on February 14, 2020, on the cusp of a pandemic that would broaden this space in ways we never could have predicted.
Today, we don’t just connect couples with vendors. We feature inspiration and ideas on our blog, offer in-depth interviews with vendors in our Vendor Dispatch series, and share carefully researched destination guides to help couples actually plan an elopement.
We are inclusive and feature love in every form, regardless of race, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, sports team affiliation, or your stance on “pop” versus “soda.” Overall, we’re here to celebrate love and getting married, your way.
Our co-founder and editor, Kim Olsen, recently finished writing an extensive book about how to elope, featuring the many ways it looks today and how to pull it off. Maybe it’s a destination elopement, maybe it’s a surprise wedding, or maybe it’s an intimate dinner party at home using your grandmother’s crystal—it’s all about celebrating your love, your way, and telling you how to do it. The book will be published by the wonderful folks at Chronicle Books early next year.
In a Nutshell: What We Offer
- The ultimate guide on how to elope in 13 simple steps.
- Inspiration from couples who’ve eloped (so far, no one regrets it).
- A niche community of experienced elopement vendors to help make the day run as smoothly as possible.
- Robust destination guides that include the best venue options in each city or country, the best time of year to visit, and the low-down on marriage laws in each place (which will save you a whole lot of Googling).
- A very cool planning tool to help couples organize destination ideas and vendors as they poke around the site.
- Fascinating stories about the surprisingly intricate history of eloping .
Cheers to eloping.